CIEE Film Studies at the Film and Television School of the Academy of the Performing Arts (FAMU)
All students take Intensive Beginning Czech Language in addition to the required courses for each track plus several electives. Students will produce a short 16-mm film or a write a half feature-length screenplay.
- Reviewed by: Professor T. Kim-Trang Tran
- Fields of study: Media studies majors only - students choose between a Production Track or a Screenwriting Track
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; For the Production Track - experience directing and using digital/video camera is required. For the Screenwriting Track - completion of two creative writing or screenwriting courses
- Number of program participants: 20-25
Three US students and one local student share a two bedroom apartment located a short walk from FAMU. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps based on the CIEE recommendation.
- Fall: Late August to mid December
- Spring: Late January to late May
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Prague and Los Angeles.