New Delhi or Jaipur
The approved program with the School for International Training (SIT) in India has closed. Consult with the SAGE office for other SIT semester options in India.the Sch
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, fieldwork, and independent study; courses are taught primarily in English. Hindi language study required. Students earn four Scripps courses. On-site orientation and educational fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Consider the Public Health, Gender and Community Action program in New Delhi or the Sustainable Development and Social Change program in Jaipur
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; area studies course
- Size of the student body: Fellow program participants come from other liberal arts colleges and universities in the US.
- Number of program participants: 15-20
Students live in private homes and hotels/hostels. Meals are taken as a group or with the host family.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December
- Spring: Early February to mid-May
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference.
- Visa Information: All students must have a passport valid for at least six months after the program’s end date to study in another country. Students should apply for a passport as early as possible; in some cases, passport applications may need to be expedited. Students may need one or more visas, in addition to a valid passport. Visa application processes vary widely, and some visa processes are multi-step and complicated. SIT Study Abroad helps students to understand the visa process for each program. The SIT admissions counselor can answer passport and visa-related questions and concerns. Non-US citizens should consult with SIT early to determine the visa requirements based on their country of origin. SIT Study Abroad cannot guarantee visas for its participants, and it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure the appropriate visa in a timely manner.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Delhi and Los Angeles.