School for Field Studies (SFS) - Wildlife Management Studies
Instruction consists of a half-credit Swahili language and culture class, lectures, research, and directed field study. On-site orientation and educational fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Wildlife management, environmental policy
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; coursework in ecology/biology
- Number of program participants: 30
Students live at Moyo Hill Camp (MHC) located in the Tarangire-Manyara ecosystem between Lake Manyara National Park and the famous Ngorongoro Conservation Area. All meals are provided.
- Fall: Early Septemeber to mid December
- Spring: Early February to early May
- Advising Tips: Scripps students may apply for additional SFS programs in Bhutan, Cambodia/Vietnam, Panama, Peru, and Turks & Caicos Islands with one extra step in the Scripps application.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, SFS will provide you with specifics about visa information.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Tanzania and the USA.