SITA (South India Term Abroad)
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, fieldwork, and independent study; courses are taught in English. On-site Tamil language study required. Students earn four Scripps courses. On-site orientation and educational fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Social sciences, literature, religion
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; area studies course
- Number of program participants: 18
Students live in private homes. Meals are taken as a group or with the host family.
- Fall: Mid August to late November
- Spring: Early January to late April
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa requirements.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Madurai and Los Angeles.
|Previous: New Delhi|