Boston University: London Internship Program
For the first five weeks, students enroll in the required core course for their internship track and one elective course and receive guidance on internship placements. For the remaining nine weeks, students participate in a four day per week internship and take one additional class on the fifth day, choosing from a selection of free electives or covering a subject related to their internship placement.
- Reviewed by: Staff: Patricia Guenther-Gleason
- Fields of study: Approved internship tracks include: Arts/Arts Administration, Economics, English/Creative Writing, Film & Television, Politics, Psychology, or Theater Studies (this track is offered in spring only)
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA
- Size of the student body: All classes are with students from US colleges and universities, as well as other international students. The internship placement immerses students in the community and allows for interaction with British colleagues.
Accommodations are apartment-style suites in the centrally located South Kensington neighborhood, an approximately a 15-minute walk from the BU London Academic Center. Internship locations are likely to involve a commute of up to 45 minutes. Students share a bedroom with 1 to 3 other BU students and prepare their own meals in kitchens shared between 6-14 students. Scripps provides a stipend for meals based on the cost of living recommendations of multiple London programs.
- Fall: Late August to mid December
- Spring: Mid January to late April
- Advising Tips: Not all internship tracks are approved as some coursework is not relevant to a liberal arts education. Assistance is provided in procuring an internship but placement is competitive and determined by the relevant experience of each applicant.
- Visa Information: Students on this program must obtain a Tier 4 student visa. Click here for more information on student visas.
- Budget Planning: London is continually ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world so it is important to budget carefully and take advantage of tips by previous participants on how to stretch your British pounds!
|Previous: London – Art|