The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Korea for our students.
Instruction consists of lectures and seminars; courses taught primarily in English at the Underwood International College of Yonsei University. Students with proficient Korean language skills can choose from university courses taught in Korean. On-site orientation and fieldtrips organized by the host institution.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Bruce Coates, Seo Young Park
- Fields of study: Language and culture, (a Korean language course is required). East Asian studies, social sciences, humanities, engineering and science courses taught in English. Students with proficient Korean language skills can take courses at Yonsei taught in Korean.
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Korean or equivalent; Asian studies course
- Size of the student body: 26,000 undergraduates and 12,000 graduate students
Students have two options: a semester-long homestay with breakfast and dinner taken with the host family and a stipend from Scripps for lunches, or in the host institution dormitories with local and international students where students prepare their own meals in a shared kitchen with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid-August to late December
- Spring: Mid-February to late June