CIEE Arts and Sciences at Koç University (Program is currently suspended)
All students are required to enroll in a Turkish language course at their level and four additional courses at Koç University.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Mary MacNaughton, Nancy Macko. Staff: Neva Barker
- Fields of study: Social sciences and the humanities, natural sciences, math, engineering
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA, 8.25 - 8.9 GPA requires a petition, area studies course
- Number of program participants: 15 - 35
Students share a double room with a Turkish roommate in the dorms on campus. Students in the dorm prepare their own meals or eat at the campus center with a stipend provided by Scripps. Homestays may be possible, but limited. Students will have breakfast and dinner with their hosts and receive a stipend for lunches from Scripps.
- Fall: Late August to late December/early January
- Spring: Late January to early June
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Istanbul and Los Angeles.