The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Ghana for our students.
Twi language study is required. Other courses are selected from CIEE Center options or classes taught in English at the University of Ghana at Legon. Volunteer work is possible. On-site orientation and some excursions included.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Rita Roberts
- Fields of study: Humanities and social sciences, internships and independent research projects are also possible
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA, 8.25 - 8.9 GPA requires a petition, area studies course
- Number of program participants: 25
Students may choose to live with homestay families or in host institution dormitories and program houses. Students in dorms prepare their own meals in shared kitchen facilities with a stipend provided by Scripps. Students in homestays have breakfast and dinner with hosts and purchase weekday lunches with a stipend provided by Scripps..
- Fall: Late August to mid-December
- Spring: Mid-January to late May
- Advising Tips: This program will require two faculty references.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between the USA and Ghana