CIEE: Liberal Arts Program
Students are required to take a Spanish language course at a level determined by a placement test given in the first week. All classes are taught in Spanish. The CIEE staff provides a two week orientation with academic advising and field trips included. The program encourages community service and volunteer opportunities.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Rita Cano Alcala, Jennifer Wood
- Fields of study: Participants may choose classes with other CIEE students at the the Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLASCO), or may select classes in affiliated departments in social sciences and the humanities at Universidad de Buenos Aires, or Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina. Courses in art, music, theater and dance are possible at Instituto Universitario Nacional de Arte.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; one course in Spanish at the 100 level or higher completed prior to participation; 3-5 courses in major
- Number of program participants: 100-120 US American students
Students live in private homes, take two meals per day with their hosts, and have a lunch stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: late July to late December
- Spring: mid-March to late July
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: Visa (reciprocity fee) of $160 (subject to change); For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Buenos Aires and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Buenos Aires||Next: Buenos Aires|