AIT - Budapest
This program offers a wide range of coursework from foundational computer science options to advanced applications. Instruction is in English. Scripps students are required to take a two part Hungarian language course throughout the semester. With prior approval by COSA, students may substitute the second half of the Hungarian language class with one of the half-course Hungarian culture options. Prior to the start of the program, there is an optional, non-credit workshop in Survival Hungarian Language and Culture. COSA strongly encourages students to take advantage of this option and the College will cover the cost of the workshop and the additional room and board expenses. This workshop is not a substitute for the required language class during the semester.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Christopher Towse; France Lemonine
- Fields of study: Computer science, humanities, Hungarian language
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; completion of one math class beyond calculus, and one course involving programming prior to participation. There is no Hungarian language study required to apply.
- Size of the student body: Participants include students from the Claremont Colleges and other US liberal arts colleges
Students share apartments in the city center, about a 45 minute commute to the AIT campus. Students prepare their own meals with a meal allowance provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December (mid August for optional Survival Hungarian workshop)
- Spring: Early February to late May (mid January for optional Survival Hungarian workshop)
- Advising Tips: This program requires two faculty references. One must be in computer science and the second can be either an academic or a character reference. Referees must use the AIT online form.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Budapest and Los Angeles.