Budapest Semesters in Mathematics
Instruction on this program consists of lectures, seminars, and independent study courses in math, taught in English. Scripps students are required to take the Hungarian language class as one of their semester courses. On-site orientation and field trips are included. Before the start of the program, there is an optional, non-credit workshop in Survival Hungarian Language and Culture. COSA strongly encourages students to take advantage of this option so Scripps will cover the cost of the workshop and the additional room and board expenses. This workshop is not a substitute for the required language class during the semester.
- Reviewed by: C. Towse
- Fields of study: Mathematics, computer science
- Eligibility: 10.5 cumulative GPA; completion of either advanced calculus or abstract algebra
- Number of program participants: 60
Students live in private homes or apartments. Students prepare their own meals.
- Fall: early September to mid-December
- Spring: late January to late May
- Advising Tips: This program requires two faculty references, both from math professors. Referees must use the program's online form.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Budapest and Los Angeles.