Arcadia: University of Queensland
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, labs, tutorials, and fieldwork. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: A. Zanella, Joint Science Department
- Fields of study: Full curriculum.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; 3-5 courses in major required to take third year courses.
- Size of the student body: 38000
There are limited spaces available in host institution dormitories and a mandatory meal plan. Most study abroad students live in locally rented flats and shop for and prepare their own meals.
- Fall: early July to late November
- Spring: early February to late June
- Advising Tips: Students may apply through IFSA Butler (http://www.ifsa-butler.org/james-cook-university.html) or through Arcadia University (link above). Students have access to the same university classes and service with either Butler or Arcadia. Housing arrangements, orientation experience and field trips vary depending on which sponsor chosen. Students should consider both options when making their choice.
- Visa Information: The Australian student visa fee is approximately $625 but the application process is relatively hassle-free. After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Brisbane and Los Angeles.