IES- Language & Area Studies
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars and tutorials; courses taught in German with IES and Humboldt University. Internships are possible. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Fine arts, humanities, social sciences
- Eligibility: 8.25 cumulative GPA; Completion of German 44 prior to participation.
- Number of program participants: 50
Students live in apartments and private homes. Students prepare their own meals.
- Fall: Late August to mid-December
- Spring: Early March to late June
- Advising Tips: Note: Petitions are required for programs in Berlin with coursework in English. No faculty reference is required unless GPA is below 8.25. This program requires a language evaluation. The following course at Humboldt University has been approved to fulfill the Gender and Women's Studies requirement: Gendering the Master Narrative: Patrons and Makers, Sinners and Saints in Medieval Art.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Berlin and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Heidelberg||Next: Freiburg|