The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Belgium for our students.
Intensive coursework in Flemish language and Belgian culture for first five weeks followed by a full-time, twelve week internship and research project period.
- Reviewed by: Professor Thierry Boucquey
- Fields of study: French culture, international relations, European studies, politics, economics
- Eligibility: Scripps GPA of 9.0; REQUIRED - completion of French 44 or equivalent with an average grade of 9.0 or higher in French classes; COSA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS -one or more French courses at 100 level or above.
- Number of program participants: 5 -15
Housing options include a home stay with a Belgian family, a stay in a student dorm (foyer), or boarding house. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid August to mid December
- Spring: Mid January to mid June
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Brussels and Los Angeles.