CET: Beijing Intensive Language
Students must complete CHIN 1B (or the equivalent) prior to participation. This is an intensive language program and is appropriate for those students who are serious about improving their proficiency. Student who have completed their foreign language requirement in another language and who are highly motivated to learn a third language may petition to waive the Scripps language pre-requisite. Students complete 15-18 credits (3.75 to 4.5 courses at Scripps)
- Reviewed by: Professor Thierry Boucquey
- Fields of study: A rigorous intensive Chinese language program with a full-time language pledge.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; Scripps requires completion of Chinese 1B prior to departure
- Number of program participants: 18 - 25 highly motivated language learners from liberal arts colleges and universities across the USA.
Students live in residence halls at Capital Normal University with a Chinese roommate. Students share kitchen facilities with the other residents and prepare their own meals with an allowance provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Late August to mid December
- Spring: Mid February to mid June
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference completed by the most recent language professor. Due to the air quality issues in Beijing, students with respiratory conditions are encouraged to consider the CET program in Taiwan,
- Visa Information: After acceptance, CET will provide you with specifics about the visa requirements.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Beijing and Los Angeles.