Summer Housing 2018 Information
The Office of Residential Life is pleased to announce housing opportunities for Summer 2018. Housing is ONLY available to current Scripps students who meet the following criteria:
- Taking courses at one of the 5 Colleges or a local university over the summer
- Working at an approved academic internship or independent study in the Inland Empire or LA Area
- Working as an intern at Scripps or conducting research with a Scripps or Keck Science faculty member
- International students planning to remain in the Claremont area over the summer
Only a limited number of rooms are available and are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis.
Program Dates & Transitioning to Summer Housing
- Housing is available beginning Monday, May 21, 2018 and will be located in Kimberly Hall (mostly single person occupancy). The building is equipped with a full kitchen, living room and recreation room, accessible during the summer.
- If you are currently living on campus, you will be given permission to stay in your current room until your summer room is ready. If you are current Toll resident, you may be temporarily relocated to another space on campus until your summer room is ready.
- Summer check in/ check out dates are listed below. Our check-in time is 3:00pm and check-out
- May 21*- May 31
- June 1-June 30
- July 1-July 31
- Aug 1- Aug 20
*Dates subject to change
The Claremont Colleges do not enforce parking permits during the summer months. Students are welcome to bring cars and park them in the Scripps Student Parking spots during the summer. Students are still encouraged to register their vehicles with Campus Safety in the event of any issues during the summer months.
- May 14*- May 31 (only available to those who are planning to be here in the month of June)- $290
- June 1- June 30- $500
- July 1- July 31- $500
- August 1- August 20* (Summer assignment); 20-29 (AY assignment) *Only available to those with a Fall 2018 housing assignment- $500
*Dates subject to change
Kitchen and Dining Options
- There are no food service or meal plans offered in the Malott Commons during the summer months. It is the responsibility of the Scripps student to supply their own food, dishes, pots and pans, and other necessary cooking items.
The summer housing application deadline is Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 12pm PST.
*Residents will receive their summer assignments via email on Friday, May 4, 2018.
To submit your interest for summer housing, please complete THIS APPLICATION by the deadline.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.