Immunization Policy


The Entrance Personal Health History/Medical Examination Report Form provides your history of previous medical care from your private health care provider and is the basis for you continuing medical care in college. Completion in full regardless of your status (i.e. part-time, exchange, international, or transfer student) is required for registration at any of The Claremont Colleges.

Please complete pages one, two, and three. Pages four and five are to be completed by your health care provider. Required immunizations and screenings include:

  • Hepatitis B (HBV) – 3 dose series
  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) – 2 dose series
  • Meningococcal Tetravalent (MCV4) – (Booster dose at or after age 16)
  • Tetanus/Diphtheria – booster within the last 10 years
  • Tuberculosis screening questionnaire (TB skin test, CXR, or QuantiFERON blood test to be performed, if indicated)
  • Varicella Zoster (VZV) – 2 dose series or date of disease

Immunizations are required to prevent outbreaks of disease on campus as well as to help identify students at risk should an outbreak occur. If you cannot locate your immunization records, you have two options, both of which must be documented and verified:

  • You can be re-immunized
  • You can have a blood test to determine immunity. If the blood test indicates that you are not immune to HBV, MMR, or VZV you will have to be re-immunized.

Once your form has been completed, mail or email it directly to Student Health Services (SHS) ( All students are required to send this form to SHS no later than August 1, 2019.

Students who have not completed this form upon arrival to campus will not be provided a room key or access to Scripps residential halls

Questions regarding this policy may be addressed to Student Health Services or the Associate Dean of Students, Adriana di Bartolo.*

*NOTE: If vaccines are not advisable due to a medical condition, please contact Associate Dean of Students, Adriana di Bartolo, for a medical exemption form that must be completed by a licensed physician unrelated to the student.