Welcome, new students! The Office of Information Technology has some important information and dates to share with you as we move closer to New Student Orientation 2016.
Before you arrive on campus
- Watch the IT Tech Essentials Video below
- Install Office 365, if needed
- Update laptop – make sure your operating system is up to date
- Read our FAQ section
IT Tech essentials presentation: Please watch this video before you come to campus to learn about the SCRIPPS COLLEGE NETWORK and RESOURCES. This will also prepare you for online course registration and the first day of classes. You will learn about the IT campus resources, which may be different than your home network, how to stay connected with Scripps Wi-Fi, email, printing, using the Scripps Portal, and Sakai. IT assistance is available throughout the day to get you connected to our network (see IT Orientation schedule for more information).
New Student Orientation Weekend
There are multiple opportunities to get connected. Be prepared: bring your laptop, power cord, and admin password.
- One-on-one Session – Clark and Kimberly Residence Hall: (August 25-26, 2016 from 8:00am-5:00pm) Two convenient locations provided with a group of IT Student interns available to help you. You will meet one on one with our student intern and you will stay for the duration while the work is performed. Appointments are 30 minutes each.
- Drop-off – Steele Hall Lab: (August 25-26, 2016 from 7:00am-4:00pm) Drop off your laptop in the Steele Hall 226 computer lab, and return later to pick it up. When you retrieve your system, you will need approximately 15 minutes to meet with an IT student technology intern, who will provide a brief overview of the applications installed, help you change your password, and assist in connecting you to Wi-Fi.
- One-on-one Session – Kimberly Residence Hall: (August 27, 2016 from 6:00-9:00pm and August 28, 2016 from 7:00-9:00pm) In the Kimberly computer lab, walk ins are welcome. You stay for the duration while the work is performed.
- Self-install: Visit our IT client installer page to perform the work yourself. NOTE: You must change your Scripps College Network password prior to installing our software; there are instructions on how to do this in the residence hall computer labs.
If you require assistance, please contact the IT Helpdesk at Help@scrippscollege.edu.
Late Updated: June 2016