Scripps IT Orientation 2017
Welcome, new students! The Office of Information Technology has some important information and dates to share with you as we move closer to New Student Orientation 2017.
Before you arrive on campus
- Watch the IT Tech Essentials Video below
- Update laptop – make sure your operating system is up to date
- Install Scripps resources on your laptop. Instructions are located here.
- Read our FAQ section
- Record your name in your Portal account. Instructions are located here.
IT Tech essentials presentation: Please watch this video before you come to campus to learn about the SCRIPPS COLLEGE NETWORK and RESOURCES. This will also prepare you for online course registration and the first day of classes. You will learn about the IT campus resources, which may be different than your home network, how to stay connected with Scripps Wi-Fi, email, printing, using the Scripps Portal, and Sakai. IT assistance is available throughout the day to get you connected to our network (see IT Orientation schedule for more information).
New Student Orientation Weekend
There are multiple opportunities to come visit IT in order to change your network password and get connected to WiFi. Be prepared: bring your laptop, power cord, and admin password.
- Self-install: If you have not already done so before arriving on campus, please visit our IT client installer page to install Scripps resources on your laptop.
- GJW Residence Hall Rec Room: (August 24-25, 2017 from 8:00am-5:00pm) One convenient location provided with a group of IT Student interns available to help you.
- Steele Hall Lab: (August 24-25, 2017 from 7:00am-4:00pm) Meet with an IT student technology intern, who will provide a brief overview of the applications, help you change your password, and assist in connecting you to Wi-Fi.
- GJW Residence Hall Rec Room: (August 26-27, 2017 from 6:00-9:00pm)
If you require assistance, please contact the IT Helpdesk at Help@scrippscollege.edu.
Late Updated: August 2017