The Full Orientation Schedule is now available
Download the Fall 2014 Orientation schedule in PDF form to see what’s happening on campus from August 28 through September 2.
Welcome: Here Begins New Life!
This year, the Scripps Communities of Resources and Empowerment “SCORE” office oversaw the development of a new student booklet. It is written from a student perspective especially for you. Read it, and use it as you will. We hope it will guide you as you make your way into your new Scripps community.
AlcoholEdu and Haven
Added: August 4
Hello, Class of 2018!
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your last month of summer! Colleges and universities across the country are currently having conversations around the topic of safe and healthy environments. Like many higher education institutions, Scripps has adopted AlcoholEdu and Haven to help students address critical life skills such as alcohol abuse prevention and sexual assault prevention. Each year, more than half of a million students complete these courses.
AlchoholEdu is a thoughtful and educational online program for adults committed to thinking about their life choices. Whether you drink or not, this course will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol and help you better cope with the drinking behavior of your peers. Haven is an engaging online, research-based program that provides a unique learning experience regarding important prevention skills and strategies for students. You will learn about healthy relationships, the importance of consent and good communication, and the many ways you can help create the safe, positive campus you want to be a member of.
As part of our comprehensive alcohol prevention program, Scripps expects each member of the first-year class to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven by August 27, 2014, or before the start of Orientation. At Scripps, you have a special opportunity to impact the lives of your classmates in profound ways. As always, your commitment to yourself comes with a shared commitment to the health and welfare of others.
Resources are available in the top menu bar throughout the courses. We encourage you to check these out and utilize them if needed. You will find information about campus, community, and national organizations should you like to speak to someone in your area or here at Scripps. Our intent is to empower students in regards to these important—but possibly sensitive—topics, while respecting personal experiences.
Other Important Information
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use any major web browser released within the previous two years such as Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- You may take the courses in multiple sittings. Sections end with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Scripps will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- Should you experience problems, technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the course.
Your login directions and additional details are available here for download.
Thank you, and enjoy the courses! Please let us know if you have any questions!
Student Activities Coordinator