Slocum Award for Book Collecting: Six Scripps Seniors on Life Between the Covers
Posted: April 22, 2013
This spring’s Slocum Award participants will discuss their passion and enthusiasm for books in a panel discussion at the Tuesday Noon Academy on Tuesday, April 23 at Noon. Presented annually since 1936, the Slocum Award for Student Libraries recognizes those Scripps seniors whose love for books and collecting has inspired them to build collections on their favorite subjects. On exhibit at Denison Library through May 18, 2013, the individual collections reflect a lively variety of collecting interests. Join these dedicated bibliophiles for a glimpse into worlds between covers.
- Kathleen Carter: Perceptions of Beauty in Renaissance Art
- Amy Hollander: Stories of Life, Stories of Woe: “Others” in the Americas
- Rachel Kuenzi: Radical Political Theory for Kids (with Supplemental Readings for their Parents)
- Ann Mayhew: From Otranto to the Overlook: A Collection of Gothic and Horror
- Skye Olson: Journeys into Nature: A Collection of Wild Places in Literature and Landscape
- Breanna Walker: “Happiness in Psychology and Faith”
Dessert will be served.
|Previous: Feedback on Diversity and Inclusivity Draft Strategic Plan||Next: Scripps College 10-Day Challenge|