Online Training by Lynda.com
Posted: October 31, 2014
With the fast pace of change in technology, providing access to high-quality, web-based, on-demand training has never been more important. I am pleased to let you know about a new online training resource that is being provided to the Scripps community.
Lynda Campus provides a vast online library of video tutorials covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com is a high-quality resource for students, faculty, and staff looking to develop skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, social media, SPSS, computer programming, and a wide range of other topics.
Each course is broken into short modules and has searchable transcripts so you can watch them in their entirety or jump directly to the parts you need. Individual playlists help you keep track of what you would like to learn, and playlists can be shared with other community members.
Lynda.com will also serve as the online training resource for the college’s transition from GroupWise to Office365.
Lynda Campus is available now. For instructions on getting started and to activate your free account, visit http://inside.scrippscollege.edu/Lynda.
Lynda Campus Features
- Accessible to all Scripps faculty, staff, and students.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from on or off campus.
- Easy to share – Create playlists, linking to Sakai, e-mail, or a website.
- Available on many smart phones and tablets with free apps for iOS or Android.
- Learn at own pace – Stop, rewind, and replay segments as often as needed.
- Track professional development – Earn Certificates of Completion for each course completed.
I hope the community will take advantage of this valuable online learning and career resource. If you have any questions, please refer to the dedicated Lynda Campus site above or contact the Scripps Information Technology help desk.
Director, Information Technology
|Previous: 2015 Retirement Plans Contribution Limits||Next: CMS Athletics Week in Review: October 27-November 2|