Blood Drive Reminder from CUC
Posted: October 22, 2014
Millions of lives are saved thanks to blood donations every day around the world. The Red Cross does not need blood – patients do. Every two seconds someone in America gets a blood transfusion and approximately five million patients will need blood this year.
This year the Claremont Colleges will host a blood drive during the Health & Wellness Fair on Friday, November 7, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. To schedule an appointment log onto www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code CUC or contact Claudia Garcia at extension 79493.
What To Expect on Donation Day
- Step 1: Register online – Walk Up appointments on the day of the event are also acceptable.
- Step 2: Health History & Mini Physical – Answer some questions during a private and confidential interview about your health history and places you have traveled. Your temperature, pulse, blood pressure and hemoglobin level present in a sample of blood.
- Step 3: Donation – The actual donation takes about 8-10 minutes, during which you will be seated comfortably. Once a pint of blood is collected, the donation is complete.
- Step 4: Refreshments – After donating, you should have a snack and something to drink in the refreshment area. You may leave the site after 10-15 minutes and continue with your normal daily activities.
- Step 5: Enjoy – The feeling of accomplishment knowing that you have helped save lives!
|Next: Budget Process Community Memo|