The following shows how to configure your Outlook email account on a Scripps College Windows computer, this applies to versions Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016.
Configure Your Account
1. Go to Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Outlook
2. This should open the Outlook Wizard Welcome window, Click Next
3. In the Add Email Account window click Yes, click Next
4. In the Auto Account Setup window, enter your full name, email address, and enter your password twice, click Next. It may take a few minutes to configure your account.
5. Enter your email password in the popup window, click OK
6. If you are asked to make Outlook your default email program, click Yes
7. If you had previously selected another email program as default, you can change this in Outlook by going to File, Options, General, check ‘Make Outlook the default program for email”.
8. Click Finish in the next window once Outlook is successfully configured and Outlook should open:
Outlook Tutorials on lynda.com
To access the lynda.com video tutorials for complete training, go to the IT web page and click the button to ‘Login to lynda.com.’
Once there, please visit the recommended playlist titled ‘Microsoft Office 2016 Training’ to access recommended courses, including the course for Outlook 2016 Essential Training.
Should you have difficulty accessing Outlook or lynda.com, please contact the IT Helpdesk at Help@scrippscollege.edu or call extension 73406, outside lines call 909 607-3406.