Green Fitness Facility
Through the leadership of our professional staff, the field house contributes to Green Fitness Facilities and Healthy Bodies.
- Winterize pool from November to March – energy conservation
- Use Sunlight 12 hours per day (natural light)
- Replaced standard light bulbs with induction florescent, decrease energy use 35-40%
- Installed flooring on the second level made of recycled tires
- Functional Equipment (yoga mats, bosu/stability balls)
- Clean PVC, closed-cell vinyl and 100% eco friendly poly fiber.
- Meet the CPSIA 2011 Compliant materials list which contain no cadmiums, pthalates or lead/heavy metals.
- Composed of carbon and hydrogen referred to as thermal plastic elastomer or TPE. 100% latex free.
- Purchased Self Powered Ellipticals to use 85% less electricity.
- Installed (3) Water Bottle filtered water stationsto support ‘clean water’ and personal water bottles vs. plastic bottles
- We are participants in the Nike Re Use program. We have recycled over 2000 athletic shoes recycled since 2008.
- Purchase equipment from Eco Friendly Vendors. Products are from a Zero Impact Program. Every time one of these products is purchased, a tree is planted in an effort to offset the environmental effects of the manufacturing and transportation.
- 150 Bikes Recycled to support the Green Bike Program – Day Rentals and Semester Loan.
- The care and maintenancesupported with disinfectants and green cleaning supplies.
- Bermuda grass reduces watering and maintenance costs during hibernation.