Notice to Supervisors
The Student Employment Coordinator in CP&R is available to help with questions regarding policies and procedures, posting and promoting open positions, and best practices in supervising student employees. For more information, contact Niah Grimes or call (909) 621-8180.
To request a new student employment position in your department, please complete and submit the new online Request for Student Employment form. Requests may take 3-5 business days to process. Once approved, positions will be posted in ClaremontConnect, Scripps’ central online job board for students. Set up a personal orientation to ClaremontConnect and learn how to post your positions online.
- 2015-16 Student Employee Supervisor Handbook
- 2015-16 Request for Student Employment Form
- Personnel Action Form (PAF)
- Ultipro Employment Portal Job Aid (Manager)
- Student Employment Sample Job Duties
Notice to Students
Student employment experiences offer students a double incentive: earn money to help meet college expenses while gaining valuable job experience. In the competitive job market, employers value work experience among new graduates, an many on-campus departments hire students as employees.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) eligibility is determined by the Office of Financial Aid. For specific questions about your federal work-study award, contact Julia Sundstrom. Note that your FWS status does not guarantee you a job. You are responsible for the job search process including researching, applying, and interviewing for the positions.
Additional Student Employee Resources:
- 2015-16 Student Employee Handbook
- Managing Student Employment Hours
- Ultipro Employment Portal Job Aid (Employee)
Searching for Jobs on Campus
CP&R provides a centralized online database called ClaremontConnect, formerly known as The Gateway, to post all on- and off-campus jobs including work-study, non-work-study, and internship positions. This system is shared across The Claremont Colleges, so you can find and apply for campus work across the Consortium. Wondering what jobs are available today? Take a sneak peek without having to log in first:
Log in to ClaremontConnect:
- Enter your 8-digit Scripps College ID number and password. If needed, click “Forgot Password” and look for an email with the subject: ClaremontConnect Password Reset Request.
- Click on “Opportunities” at the top of the screen and select “ClaremontConnect Opportunities.”
- Choose “On-Campus Employment” under Position Type and click “Search.”
- Click “Job Title” in the search results for a detailed position description. Follow the application instructions provided.
Note: You will need to complete the Profile section at least once each year.
New Hire Paperwork
If you have not worked at Scripps College within the past 12 months, you will need to complete a New Hire Paperwork Packet. Use this New Hire Checklist as you complete the following required forms:
- Personnel Action Form (to be completed by supervisor)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification (A list of acceptable documents is on page 9 of this form; copies are unacceptable. Page 8 will be completed by HR when you submit your paperwork)
- Employee Information Form
- Scripps College Notice to Employee Labor Code Section 2810.5
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of MPN Information
- Scripps College Code of Ethics
- W4 Form (Federal Income Tax Form)
- Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (California State Income Tax Form)
- Scripps College Employee Identification Record (Voluntary to complete)
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (Voluntary to complete; If completed, HR will need a voided check or bank form that shows routing number and bank account number)
- Affordable Care Act Notice (For your personal records only; no action required)
Additional resources for part-time work
Contact individual departments across campus or inquire at local business about available positions.
- The Claremont Village, all within walking distance of the College.
- Claremont Chamber of Commerce
- Montclair Plaza
Stop by CP&R during drop-in hours Monday through Friday, 10:00am–4:00pm for assistance any part of your search or application.